We are looking to expand our team of highly skilled hackers! Are you a Guru on Hack the box, top earner on your bounty hunting platform of choice, greatest hardware hacker and #BadgeLife collector ever made, the next best social engineer or none of the above but just highly motivated to break stuff? Sounds like you will fit just right in!
We're looking for a new Security Specialist to join our brilliant Offensive Security team!
As our new Security Specialist, you will become part of Outpost24’s Ghost Labs team: Outpost24’s ethical hacking team, technically rooted and the core of Outpost24’s hacking activities. We perform all penetration tests, conduct security research, and contribute to the security community through responsible disclosure and proof-of-concepts. Do you think that you’ve got what it takes, and would you like to join the Ghosts? Read on!
As Security Specialist in the Ghost Labs OffSec team, you are key in delivering our Offensive security and Red teaming services. Your daily activities involve:
- Performing traditional web, network, mobile and API penetration tests and writing a technical report that links your findings to the relevant (business) impact for the customer.
- Executing and managing smaller and larger Adversarial attack simulation assessments, from remote digital footprint assessment to full on-site Red team engagements that can run from weeks to months. Including, but not limited to phishing, physical pentests and network exploitation.
- Working on scoping requests from customers, planning larger assessments and assisting with quality assurance of team deliverables.
- Perform research projects on subjects that match your personal interests.
- Continuous knowledge sharing to the team and mentoring/coaching your peers to allow them to learn and grow individually and as a team.
- Work on the strategic growth of the team in close collaboration with the Head of OffSec and continuously improving internal processes where you see opportunities for improvement.
What would make you stand out as our ideal candidate?
Ideally, we would like to see someone who:
- Is passionate about technology and security, with a proven track-record and a focus on certain areas (e.g. Adversarial emulation, endpoint protection, malware development, web application exploitation) and knowledge of industry standards and methodologies such as CREST/CBEST, TIBER, Mitre (pre-)ATT&CK and OSSTMM.
- Has at least five years of relevant professional IT Security experience, for example in the function of Security researcher, principal security consultant, Jr. Manager Security).
- Has completed a relevant university (of applied sciences) degree, or experience that exceeds that. Honestly, we care equally for the CVEs you discovered than a paper degree, either will do.
- Has at least two applicable professional certifications (e.g. OSEE, CCSAM, eCXD, eCRE, eMAPT, eCPTX)
- Is a true team player and self-claimed computer nerd.
- Has programming/scripting and network engineering skills.
- Has professional English communications skills, where ‘detail’ and ‘quality’ come naturally, and you don’t mind writing a report and presenting the results to either technical staff or C-level executives.
- Is willing to travel.
- Is a native German speaker. You can be located in any of these countries: Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, UK, Spain, France, Sweden - but being a native German speaker is vital. Depending on the location, the position is either fully remote or hybrid remote.
As a Security Specialist, we expect you to be a self-propelled rocket with deep technical knowledge on offensive security topics and a drive to share your knowledge and help others. Overall, you are a passionate omnipotent hacker that knows how to translate technical issues into business language. You can apply your technical skills independently, but you are also a true team player. We expect a strong drive to excel in what you like best, whether it is bypassing anti-virus, picking locks, phishing people, or breaking web applications. By having a team of people that do what they are passionate about, we believe to add the most value to our customers and find the coolest things while doing so.
Above all, we want to see someone who is an awesome team player – for us, attitude is everything!
Don’t fulfil all the criteria? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to job openings unless they fulfil every single requirement. At Outpost24, we're dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, where attitude, values, and willingness to learn are valued above all. So, if you're excited about this role but your professional experiences don't completely align with what we're looking for, we encourage you to apply anyway!
But what's in it for you?
In return for your efforts, we will offer you:
- A competitive salary package
- A flat organizational structure and lots of autonomy, you are not just a number
- Work with a fun and distributed team across Europe and North America
- A healthy work-life balance, so you can enjoy flexible work hours and a hybrid working environment if desired
- An organizational culture founded on trust, respect, adaptability, and commitment, where your personal and professional development will be emphasized
- A comprehensive set of tools, training, and coaching on the job
- And so much more!
Like what you see and want to know more? Apply now!
As part of the recruitment process you must be able to pass a background check in order to qualify for this position.
- IT Security
- Germany, remote, Barcelona, ES, Amsterdam, NL, Copenhagen, DK, Karlskrona, SE, London, UK, Stockholm, SE, Plymouth, UK
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
What's so great about Outpost24?
When you join Outpost24, you join a global family. Our diverse teams operate from 14 offices worldwide with a common mindset to delight our customers with best-in-class security technologies and services.
As a company, we celebrate teamwork and believe in a flat organization structure. We trust our employees 100% to have our customers' best interest at heart and do their best work. As a team, we respect our differences and ensure every team member have a voice in making Outpost24 a great place to work.
So if you are passionate about cybersecurity and looking for a inclusive team environment we'd like to hear from you!
About Outpost24 Group
At Outpost24, we’re on a mission to help customers automate cyber hygiene and tighten cyber exposure before their business can be disrupted. Over 2,000 customers worldwide trust Outpost24 to assess their devices, networks, applications, cloud and container environments and report compliance status. We serve leading organizations across a wide range of segments including financial services, government, healthcare, retail, telecommunications, technology, and manufacturing.
Loading application form
Already working at Outpost24 Group?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.