Are you a Python developer looking for a job in the security industry? Do you want to help develop and maintain a software stack that is responsible for scanning thousands of customers networks for vulnerabilities? Then Outpost24 Vulnerability research might just be for you.
We are looking for a savvy Python developer to assist us in extending our existing code base and advancing our systems to have greater capabilities in the future. As an engineer in Outpost24 Vulnerability Research you will be working with the bleeding edge of vulnerability detection and actively contributing to creating a more secure world.
In your role as a Vulnerability Research Engineer, your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Implement solutions for new and emerging threats and vulnerabilities to expand detection capabilities in Outpost24 products.
- Work closely with our support team to resolve technical issues from customers.
- Assist team members with your particular expertise to elevate the entire team.
- Actively work to increase the productivity of daily tasks through automation.
The team is based in our Karlskrona office, and you are expected to spend at least 60% of your working time on location.
What would make you stand out as our ideal candidate?
Required skills for this position are:
- 3+ years of experience in Information Security.
- Experienced in Python development.
- Very experienced in using source control tools.
- Used to working in Linux-based environments.
- Experienced in creating and maintaining containers and virtual machines.
- Strong understanding of networking.
- Experience with package management systems and solutions, such as rpm.
- In-depth knowledge of how different operating systems work.
- Some knowledge in vulnerability management, like CVE, CVSS etc.
- Solid communication skills in English.
We are also looking for these skills:
- Proficiency in the Go programming language.
- Experience using containers as well as general virtualization experience.
- Low-level Windows operating system knowledge.
Above all, we want to see someone who is an awesome team player – for us, attitude is everything!
Don’t fulfill all the criteria? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to job openings unless they fulfill every single requirement. At Outpost24, we're dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, where attitude, values, and willingness to learn are valued above all. So, if you're excited about this role but your professional experiences don't completely align with what we're looking for, we encourage you to apply anyway!
But what’s in it for you?
In return for your efforts, we can offer you:
- A flat organizational structure and lots of autonomy; you are not just a number.
- An organizational culture founded on trust, respect, adaptability, and commitment, where your personal and professional development will be emphasized.
- A set of tools to advance your personal and professional development, training, and coaching on the job (e.g. LinkedIn Learning).
- A healthy work-life balance, so you can enjoy flexible work hours and a hybrid working environment if desired.
- Breakfast at the office every workday to enjoy with your colleagues.
- Regular after-works where you can socialize with your colleagues in a more relaxed setting.
- Enrollment in our pension scheme.
- A monthly fitness allowance according to the company policy.
And so much more!
Did we manage to pique your interest? Apply today and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
As part of the recruitment process, you must be able to pass a background check to qualify for this position.
- Karlskrona, SE
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
What's so great about Outpost24?
When you join Outpost24, you join a global family. Our diverse teams operate from 14 offices worldwide with a common mindset to delight our customers with best-in-class security technologies and services.
As a company, we celebrate teamwork and believe in a flat organization structure. We trust our employees 100% to have our customers' best interest at heart and do their best work. As a team, we respect our differences and ensure every team member have a voice in making Outpost24 a great place to work.
So if you are passionate about cybersecurity and looking for a inclusive team environment we'd like to hear from you!
About Outpost24 Group
At Outpost24, we’re on a mission to help customers automate cyber hygiene and tighten cyber exposure before their business can be disrupted. Over 2,000 customers worldwide trust Outpost24 to assess their devices, networks, applications, cloud and container environments and report compliance status. We serve leading organizations across a wide range of segments including financial services, government, healthcare, retail, telecommunications, technology, and manufacturing.
Loading application form
Already working at Outpost24 Group?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.