Do you want to join the fight against cyber-crime and be a valued member of a team of dedicated ethical hackers?
Our Application Security team is looking for Junior Application Security Auditors! 👻
Our AppSec team is full of ambitious ethical hackers who make a huge impact on a daily basis. As a Junior Ethical Hacker/Junior Application Security Auditor, you will be a part of our brilliant Ghost Labs team, which is rooted in at the heart of Outpost24's hacking activities. You will perform penetration tests, conduct security research and contribute to the security community through responsible disclosure and proof-of-concepts. In the Ghost Labs AppSec team, you are the backbone of our Application Security portfolio. You understand the capabilities as well as the limitations of automation. You offer the human knowledge needed to uncover vulnerabilities in our customers applications.
Your daily activities will involve:
- Performing verification tests on web applications, to help our customers to verify if they have effectively resolved vulnerabilities
- Re -tests for web applications
- Paired-testing with more senior team-members on more complex projects
As an ethical hacker, you can think outside of the box and understand how to use your technical skills to improve the security of our customers. We will support you in developing yourself and guiding your development, whether you aspire a deep technical career path, a sales-oriented role or a team manager. We will also help you evolve through fun off-site activities, Capture the flag events, trainings (on-site and remote) and certifications, such as OSCP, OSWE and OSCE.
What do we require from you?
You may not have a lot of experience with penetration testing, but anything you might lack in experience is directly replaced by your passion for tech and security. In addition, you have an insatiable love for understanding how things work, and above all, how to break them. The following likely describes you:
- Passionate for technology and security
- Completed relevant university degree, or relevant professional experience
- IT Security experience, for example: CTF Events, conferences, CVE/Responsible disclosures, contribution to Open source projects
- A true team player and self-claimed computer nerd
- Programming/scripting and or network engineering skills
- Professional English communications skills
- Live near our Barcelona office or are willing to travel/relocate. This position requires you to go to the office 3 days a week.
We will make sure you have a buddy to help you grow with the team in no-time.
But what's in it for you?
In return for your efforts, you will get to enjoy:
- The opportunity to learn more about the world of ethical hacking from some of our best-in-class hackers
- Being a part of a fun and international team, where after-works and social events are a regular occurrence
- A large office in Barcelona, where you will find a kitchen and a big rooftop
- An elaborative set of tools to drive your career, training, and coaching on the job (e.g., LinkedIn Learning)
- A workplace culture where your opinions and ideas are valued and respected
Like what you see and want to know more? Apply now!
Don’t fulfill all the criteria? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to job openings unless they fulfill every single requirement. At Outpost24, we're dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, where attitude, values, and willingness to learn are valued above all. So, if you're excited about this role but your professional experiences don't completely align with what we're looking for, we encourage you to apply anyway!