Are you a highly skilled and experienced Engineering Manager who wants to join a highly dynamic and collaborative development team? Then a position at Outpost24 might just be perfect for you! As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for supervising engineering activities, coordinating key engineering projects, whilst also take part in the design, running and improvement of software that meets user needs.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead and mentor a team of skilled engineers, providing guidance and support to foster professional growth. Ensuring they are motivated, engaged, and aligned with the organization's goals.
- Foster a positive and collaborative team culture, promoting open communication and a sense of ownership among team members.
- Oversee the planning, execution, and deliverable, ensuring they are completed on time, within scope, and meet quality standards.
- Scrum Master responsibilities, including organizing and facilitating daily stand-up, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related ceremonies
- Possess a strong technical background to understand the complexities of engineering tasks and provide valuable insights to the team.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to the engineering team.
- Drive continuous improvement in engineering processes and methodologies.
- Actively shares knowledge within and outside of organization.
- Facilitate communication between technical and non-technical stakeholders to bridge any gaps and ensure a cohesive working environment.
Mentoring and Development:
- Provide mentorship and guidance to team members, fostering their professional growth and development.
- Identify training needs and opportunities for skill enhancement to ensure the team remains competitive and adept at emerging technologies.
- Identify and address any impediments or challenges that may hinder the team's performance.
- Conduct regular performance evaluations, provide constructive feedback, and recognize outstanding contributions.
- Work with HR/Site Manager to address any performance issues and implement strategies for continuous improvement.
- Effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Foster a culture of transparency and open communication within the team.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in software development
- 5+ years of experience leading an engineering team.
- Proven experience as an Engineering Manager or in a similar leadership role.
- Strong technical background in software development
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Good experience in Agile: Methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Work experience as a Scrum Master is an advantage.
- English, both spoken and written, at high level.
And what's in it for you?
In return for your efforts, we can offer you:
- A competitive salary package and 100% salary during probation period
- An annual salary review and 13th month salary
- The chance to work with experienced software engineers worldwide at market leading, innovative Scandinavian SaaS company looking to accelerate growth
- Flexible working hours from Monday-Friday, no overtime
- A modern working environment with fun colleagues and challenging tasks
- A Scandinavian work culture: creativity, innovation, and work-life balance
- The possibility to attend on-sites and conferences in Europe
- Premium healthcare and & accident insurance: the best healthcare plan cover for employees and their children
- A wellness package supports employees stay healthy and wealthy
- Exciting company outings/events and team building activities
Did we manage to spike your interest? Then apply today and we will get back to your application within a few days!
Don’t fulfil all the criteria? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to job openings unless they fulfil every single requirement. At Outpost24, we're dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, where attitude, values, and willingness to learn are valued above all. So, if you're excited about this role but your professional experiences don't completely align with what we're looking for, we encourage you to apply anyway!